Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just a catch up.....

Wow its been FOREVER since I took the time to seriously blog!!! I miss it! Anywho, so the day of fear and has n went, and I still won't go into detail on that one, sorry ya'll but if you know me, then you remember what that was all about! So glad that is over even though we are not 100% outta the water yet!! But we have heads above water and we're treadin n not drowning so life is great! :)

Bric's surgery and our mini getaway for 2 in Yokosuka. Overall the trip (traveling part) SUCKED MAJOR BIG BALLS!!! However, I am so very blessed that his surgery went perfectly, God was right there to see us both through it, and brought my baby out of it just fine! We went and had dunkin donuts n starbucks 2 hrs after the surgery!!! PRAISE GOD!! I have never in my life realized just how precious the small moments are until this week. Having one on one time with my baby who isn't such a baby anymore meant so much to me! Xavier n I had everyday together for almost 4 solid years and I think I forgot how precious those one on one moments are!! I am so grateful Bric n I had this opportunity! It was a blast for the both of us and I know I sure enjoyed it!!

To tell you a little about my terrible traveling experiences though.... On the way up there, a Japanese man told me to move out of my seat because he didn't want to sit beside me n Bric. (His seat was the window seat) Y'all know me well enough to know that I bucked and was like.... UM NO I PAID FOR THIS SEAT, HERE'S MY TICKET, YOU MOVE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SIT HERE. So he did, as he I'm sure cussed me in Japanese. Then another lady came to sit in that seat, she sat there for about 30 minutes then moved cause we "crowded" her. (She was a big lady and having the arm rest down between her seat and Bric's cut into her sides which I'm sure was not comfortable but still, next time, buy 2 seat tickets!! Then on the way back, today, I was told that there were 0 reserved seats due to it being a Japanese holiday. NEVER AGAIN WILL I TRAVEL VIA TRAIN ON A JAPANESE HOLIDAY!!!! So I took a non reserved seat ticket WHICH I'LL NEVER AGAIN DO IN MY LIFE!!! I stood for a little over an hour due to there being 0 seats open in the non reserved section. As I stand struggling to change, feed Bric lunch, keep him happy, and get out of everyone's way the best I could as I was crunched up against the door, not one person offered me their seat. They just stared and whispered as I struggled and Bricen screamed with tears rolling. Finally 3 elder Japanese men stood up for me against the train crew and demanded they do their jobs and find me a seat. They refused. :-/ Finally a young girl in her early 20's I'm sure offered me hers, I rejected it, but she insisted, so I sat. Bricen and I was able to sleep for a little over an hour, then we played n had a snack over another hour or so's period of time. I couldn't get to a bathroom or changing area, had no floor space to change him nor seat space. He ended up peeing out of his diaper onto me 4 different times. As I struggled to change him standing up, he pees in the floor :-/ By this time we are both soaked in pee, embarrassed, hungry, tired, sweaty, smelly, and exhausted! We FINALLY reach Hiroshima where I strip him naked on the platform while waiting on our last train and change him AGAIN! We almost miss that train due to it stopping 1/4 way up the track instead of coming on down where it should've came. UGH!!!!!

End of story, we made it home!! Safely, exhausted and smelly, but safely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment